East Coast Veterinary Cardiology’s vision is to enable the absolute best quality of life for our patients by being the most trusted partner in animal cardiac care.
East Coast Veterinary Cardiology’s mission is to deliver accessible, comprehensive cardiac care to pets, their families, and their family veterinarians. We aim to enhance the standard of care for veterinary cardiology in Nova Scotia by:
- Providing the highest quality of board-certified cardiology services.
- Caring for our clients in a compassionate and understanding manner.
- Educating animal caregivers to empower them to provide excellent aftercare and treatment.
At East Coast Veterinary Cardiology, we partner with primary care veterinarians to provide diagnostic and medical management services in the comfort of the family veterinarian’s office. Our services are provided by a board-certified veterinary cardiologist with over 12 years of cardiology experience.
- Commitment to Improving Animal Quality of Life – we realize how important pets are to their families and we share the same goal as they do when it comes to achieving the best quality of life for the longest possible time – we recommend diagnostics and treatments to achieve this goal and firmly believe in quality over quantity of time.
- Honesty and Integrity – we treat every patient as if they were our own. Our training and experience help us to provide a diagnosis with appropriate treatment recommendations and realistic expectations for patient outcome. We fully commit ourselves to every patient evaluated and will continue to collaborate with family veterinarians and pet owners for optimization of patient care for the best possible outcome.
- Open Communication – we want each owner to fully understand their pet’s diagnosis and the improvement that disease management can bring to their pet’s quality of life. We communicate all findings with the family veterinarian involved so they continue to be an essential part of their patient’s care.
- Compassion – we love cardiology and love working with animals – it is why we do what we do. We realize that hospital visits can be stressful for pets, particularly those with heart disease. We work with every patient to provide a calm and comfortable evaluation each and every time.
- Teamwork – we work as an extension of the referring veterinarian to provide the best possible cardiac care for their patients. We truly believe that the best outcomes are achieved when pet owners, family veterinarians and specialists work together with a common goal of helping pets with heart disease. Through this collaboration we can elevate the standard of cardiac care for pets in Nova Scotia.
- Accessibility – we want to make cardiac care for pets in Nova Scotia easily accessible without the need for pet owners to travel long distances or miss time from work or other commitments. Our mobile service allows family veterinarians to continue to be actively involved in their patients care and eliminates the stress for pets to be in an unfamiliar environment.